Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Three-Pepper Beef


First off, I want to apologize because I have been terrible about posting recipes of late.  All you are getting from me these days is a menu plan with the very occasional recipe thrown in.  I have been feeling BLAH, I must admit.  The snowy spring we are having in ND is taking it's toll on my mental state;)

This month, I lost my dear aunt to cancer after a courageous 12 year battle. She was a beautiful, fun-loving person and she is going to be sorely missed.  A year ago, she gave me a recipe book with some of her favorite recipes.  When it came to cooking, canning, and fun recipe ideas, we were kindred spirits.  I have been enjoying paging through the recipe book and I can't wait to share some of her recipes on my blog.

In the meantime, here is a fabulous, easy, and even HEALTHY stir-fry that I made recently.  With the multi-colored vibrant peppers, it was a truly beautiful dish that everyone in my family seemed to really enjoy.

Here is what you will need:



Three-Pepper Beef 

2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain
1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 1/4 cups cubed red bell pepper
1 1/4 cups cubed yellow bell pepper
1 1/4 cups cubed green bell pepper


Combine 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, salt, and flank steak in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.

Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, broth, soy sauce, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves; set aside.

Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove the beef mixture from pan; cover and keep warm. Add peas and bell peppers to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beef and broth mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.

Source: Cooking Light

One Year Ago:  Oatmeal Caramelites

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails