Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mini-Mac Sliders


Thought I'd get one more post up quickly while I am baking some yummy zucchini bread up.  I hadn't been out to my garden much lately and you would not BELIEVE the number of zucchini that I picked out there last night.  Some of them are HUGE!  Not sure if they are still very good that big?  We shall see because I decided to seed and peel one of the larger ones and try using it in a bread.  I'm thinking maybe the larger ones would be OK for baking?  I'm learning.  I obviously don't know much since I am the person that planted SEVEN zucchini plants.  I'm sure I will have many more zucchini recipes to share soon;P

I made these Mini-Mac Sliders last night and I LOVED them.  Now, I'm not a big fan of McDonald's, but these were so much better.  My kids really enjoyed them too, sliders are always just perfect for small hands to hold and manage.  My oldest skipped the Secret Sauce, but I guess I expected that since he isn't big on any type of sauce aside from ketchup on his burger.

Here is what you will need to recreate the McDonald's Special Sauce:





Special Sauce:
1/2 c. Mayo
2 Tbsp. Creamy French Dressing
3 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
1 1/2 Tbsp. finely minced onion
1 tsp. white Vinegar
1 tsp. granulated Sugar
1/8 tsp. kosher salt (as you can see, I messed up and used regular)

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use!

Here is what you will need to complete the burgers:



Mini-Mac Sliders

1 1/2 lb. Ground Chuck
2-3 Green Onions, sliced thin, then roughly chopped
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
Iceberg lettuce cut into super-thin strips (about 1 c.)
Pickle Slices
6 Colby Jack cheese slices
12 Slider Buns (I couldn't find them so I used dinner rolls which worked perfectly)

Combine the ground check with the green onions, olive oil, black pepper, and kosher salt.  Mix by hand until just combined and, then form 12 mini burgers- make an indentation in the center of each burger to prevent them from becoming much thicker in the middle than in the rest of the burger.  Little tip from Bobby Flay;) 

Place on a preheated grill pan (I used my regular outdoor grill) over medium high heat.  Cook 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.  Flip and repeat.  

Toast buns if desired (I do, I just can't live without toasted buns).  Top bottom bun with a slider, cheese, pickle, lettuce, sauce, and then top bun.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails