Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Italian Zucchini Bake

True to my word, here I am with another zucchini recipe.  I still have a counter-full, so I am guessing I will be back again with even more.  I do think that I am going to try shredding and freezing some zucchini, I have heard that has worked for many people.  I made this one last week, and it was very good.  I do believe it is my new favorite zucchini recipe (at least main course-wise!)  I made this for dinner, but I also think it would be a delicious served at breakfast.

Here are the ingredients that you will need:  I know a visual always helps me, so I thought I would try to start doing that on here.



Italian Zucchini Bake

4 c. Zucchini
1 c. Onion
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/2 tsp. Oregano
3 Eggs
8 oz. Mozzarella or Italian Blend Cheese, shredded
1 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage, browned & drained
1 package Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough (I use reduced fat)
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  

Thinly slice zucchini, leaving peel on.  Dice onion.  In a large skillet, melt butter.  Add zucchini and onion.  Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.  Stir in parsley and other seasonings.  

In a large bowl, beat eggs.  Blend in cheese.  Stir in veggie mixture.  Add well drained, browned sausage to this mixture.  

Spread crescent roll dough out evenly in an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.  Press seems together, making a crust.  Spread mustard evenly on crust (basting brush works great for this).  Add vegetable mixture to the top of the unbaked crust. 

Bake 30 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.

Source: Tasty Kitchen    

2 comments:

  1. This is a very delicious dish! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight. I thought it was fantastic, the kids ate it without too much complaining, and the husband thought it was "just OK". Hmmm. It's still a winner in my book! I used turkey sausage and only 1/2 cup of onion. Next time I will put in more zucchini too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails