Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies


It is 9 am and the windows of my house are all completely fogged up.  I think I will take that as a hint that the humidity has not improved at all from yesterday.  I heard that we might be reaching the triple digits today.  Couple that will the humidity and UGH.  Maybe I will just put my swimsuit on, sit outside, and pretend I am in a sauna.  

These brownies are from Cooking Light!  That must mean they are healthy, right?  OK, maybe not.  They are much healthier than many other brownie recipes though.  My husband thought these were incredibly rich and he couldn't believe they were a "lighter" brownie.  They are delicious!  The entire pan lasted about a day here.  Give them a try!
Here are the ingredients you will need:



Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies

3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted and cooled
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme (about 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup peanut butter morsels {I confess.  I used more like 3/4 cup.}

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, and next 3 ingredients (butter through egg white) in a bowl (batter will be very stiff). Coat bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press two-thirds of batter into prepared pan using floured hands; pat evenly (layer will be thin).

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in morsels. Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over brownie layer. Carefully drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire 
rack.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails