Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sherried Tomato Soup

Oh happy day!  I have once again found a new recipe that all 3 of my children really enjoyed!  This made a pretty large pot of soup, enough for me and all 3 kids to eat it for lunch the next day.  Guess what?  No one complained about having to eat it again!  They actually WANTED to have it!  That tells me this is certainly a keeper.  It is such a quick recipe to make too.  I foresee us having this on many busy nights during the cold winter:)

Here are the ingredients that you will need:


Sherried Tomato Soup

6 Tbsp. butter
1 whole medium onion, diced
46 oz. tomato juice
2-14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1-3 Tbsp. chicken base (I used 2)
3-6 Tbsp. sugar (I went with 4 1/2)
1 pinch salt
black pepper, to taste
1 c. cooking Sherry
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
Chopped Fresh Parsley, to taste (I left out since I didn't have any)
Chopped Fresh Basil, to taste

Saute diced onions in butter until translucent.  Then add canned tomatoes, tomato juice, chicken base, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir.  Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat.  Add in sherry and cream and stir.  Add in parsley and basil to taste.  

Adjust other seasonings if needed.  Delicious served with crusty garlic bread, or a grilled cheese.  

Source: PW

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good tomato soup recipe and I prefer cream of tomato so this sounds perfect! I love the addition of sherry too. I'm definitely trying this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails