Thursday, April 15, 2010

PW's BBQ Meatballs

Yes, I am, once again, posting a recipe from the Pioneer Woman.  I have made these a couple of times.  The first time, I followed her recipe to a tee.  The second time, I cheated.  In my opinion, the meatballs were still delicious despite shaving time and fat off the recipe by cheating, so that is the route I will go in the future.  Either way, these meatballs have a classic, tangy flavor, perfect for serving with some mashed potatoes and green beans for a real comfort food meal.

My green beans that you see pictured I canned myself, along with the help of some of my in-laws.  When I buy green beans from the grocery store, I tend to stick to either fresh or frozen. There is something about canning vegetables yourself that makes them taste ever so much better. I am so looking forward to planting my garden this year!  I want to do more canning and freezing than ever before!  I just love eating my own vegetables year round and knowing exactly where my food came from.


BBQ Meatballs
Serves 8

For Meatballs:
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
3/4 c. quick oats
1 c. 1% milk
3 Tbsp. very finely minced onion
1 1/2 tsp salt
plenty of black pepper, to taste

For Sauce:
1 c. ketchup
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. worcestershire
4-6 Tbsp. onion, finely minced
1 dash Tabasco 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Combine all meatball ingredients.  Roll into medium sized balls and place in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.  

Combine all sauce ingredients.  Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  

Serve with egg noodles, crusty french bread, or, my favorite, mashed potatoes.


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 324.2
  • Total Fat: 18.5 g
  • Cholesterol: 65.6 mg
  • Sodium: 1,009.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 19.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
  • Protein: 17.5 g


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails