Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bowties in Sausage Cream Sauce

Today while I was making lunch, I received a call from the school nurse wondering if I wanted to take my child in to the doctor.  My middle son, Quinn whacked his head on the playground equipment and was bleeding pretty profusely.  By the time the nurse called me, she had gotten it to stop bleeding.  She said that it was gaping just a bit and was about an inch long.  I asked if he had a headache and if he was OK.  She asked him and he said he felt fine.  I asked where it was (for scarring reasons) and she said that it was covered by his hair up high on his forehead.  So...I told her to put a band-aid on it and call it a day, basically.  I kinda felt like a bad mom for not coming to check it out or anything after I got off the phone.  I know a few years ago I certainly would have.  The fact is, Q is an accident prone child and we have been down this road...MANY times.  So...am I a neglectful mother?  Would you have ran to the school and (possibly) taken your child in?

Anyway, this pasta is SO GOOD!  I got the recipe off of Tasty Kitchen.  I will be making it again because even all 3 of my kids really liked it!


Bowties in Sausage Cream Sauce

1 lb. Bowtie pasta
1 lb. Italian sausage
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. onion, chopped
28 oz. diced Italian tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dried basil

In a large pot, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente; drain.  

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the sausage and red pepper flakes until the sausage is done.  Stir in the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.  Add the drained tomatoes, basil, salt, and cream.  Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes, until the sauce is thickened a bit.  Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta.  

Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds YUM. I have been cooking even LESS than usual lately. I just don't have it in me!

    I think you are a fine mother, if it would have been serious, they would have told you. Boys, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails