Friday, April 23, 2010

Crockpot Baked Beans & Sausage

Today I am playing catch-up.  I had several recipes I planned on posting this week that I didn't get around to.  My pictures are building up, so I made a commitment to myself to get everything that I photographed from March up today.  I really can't let myself get so behind!  There is actually one delicious looking recipe that I can't for the life of me remember how I made it or where I got the original recipe!

This one is a winner.  My entire family loved it.  It is so quick and easy to throw in the crock for those evenings that you have activities and won't have time to cook.  It think it would be a fantastic addition to a BBQ potluck.  

Crockpot Baked Beans & Sausage

1 lb. kielbasa type sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c. ketchup
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. molasses
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
3 cans (15 1/2 oz. each) Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained

Mix together ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses, mustard.  Set aside.

Cut kielbasa into bite-sized pieces.

In a crockpot, mix together the kielbasa, onion, and beans.  Add ketchup mixture and stir well.

Cook on low for 4-6 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails