Friday, April 23, 2010

The Best Banana Bread

Yes, I know there are a gazillion banana bread recipes out there.  I have tried many of them;P  This one really is the best though.  So please??  Try one more, OK?


The Best Banana Bread

1/2 c. butter (softened to room temperature)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sour cream (I often use light)
3 medium bananas, mashed (should equal about 1 c. worth)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, using a mixer, whip sugar and butter together until it is light and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.  

Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Stir into the butter mixture until smooth.  Finally, fold in the sour cream and mashed bananas.  Spread evenly into the prepared pan.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.  Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.  



2 comments:

  1. I love banana bread! You can never had too many banana bread recipes :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe for banana bread! I've followed a similar one from the Neely's on Food Network....every time I make it I just so excited that I've discovered this recipe for banana bread (it's the little things in life that make me so happy!). :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails