Spicy Beef Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
~~~~~~~~~Spicy Beef Kabobs~~~~~~~~~
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
2 tablespoons water
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1/2
10 wooden skewers, soaked in water
for 1 hour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Toss the meat in the marinade, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat a grill for high heat.
3. Skewer the beef cubes, using 6 to 8 pieces per skewer. Pour the oil onto a plate, and roll the skewers in it to coat them on all sides.
4. Grill the skewers, turning frequently, until the beef has turned light pink, 12 to 15 minutes.
~~~~~~~~Greek Tzatziki Sauce~~~~~~~~
1 (32 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 English cucumber with peel, grated
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Stir together yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Add lemon zest, dill, mint, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth. Pour into a serving dish, cover tightly, and refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Warm Pitas and top with Beef, Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, and Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce. Enjoy!!
Source: Adapted from allrecipes
Linked up to Weekend Potluck! Check it out!