Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread

Last night, I got the urge to bake.  I also had the urge for chocolate. As many of you know, the urge for chocolate should not be denied.  If you deny it, it only results in a horrible chocolate binge later.  At least it does for me;)  The problem was that I also had some bananas sitting on the counter that had been calling my name and begging to be turned into a baked good all day.  I was not it the mood for my regular chocolate chip banana bread recipe (plus my husband doesn't like chocolate chips in his banana bread) so I decided it was time to search for a new recipe to try.  This is so delicious!  I think I might need to make another loaf today with my remaining 3 pathetic bananas;)  Sorry about the pictures.  Horrible lighting since it was pretty much dark out when I made these.


 I spread mine with nutella, and it was divine.  Hey!  I told you I had a chocolate craving!  My boys topped theirs with butter this morning, my daughter with peanut butter, and my husband took his plain.  It is delicious no matter how you take it!

Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread

2 c. flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
¼ c. butter, softened
1 ½ c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
2 eggs
1/3 c. plain lowfat yogurt or sour cream
½ c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and level. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream sugar and butter. Add bananas, eggs, and yogurt, beating until just blended. Add flour mixture. Beat on low until just moistened. Microwave chocolate chips in a medium bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 c. batter to chocolate, stirring until well-combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter (so you have stripes of plain and chocolate batter) in an 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters with a knife.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes (give or take a little; I’d probably set your timer for 1 hour and 10 minutes to be safe) or until a knife comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails