Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken

This morning, I made a delicious topping for these nachos pictured below.  I was hoping to make it more of a salad than nachos, but my garden lettuce looked too pathetic to use today:-(  Next year, I think I am going to space my lettuce planting out by a few weeks so I can enjoy it for more of the summer.  As a result, I had to use some shredded iceberg that I had picked up for tacos in a bag for Friday night (that is really the only time I use iceberg since there are tastier and healthier options out there).

Anyway, the buffalo chicken that I made to top this with was SO SO easy & very delicious.  It can also be a fairly healthy way of getting your wing "fix" depending on what you do with it.  You could also easily make a "sloppy" version of a buffalo chicken sandwich!


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts (frozen is fine!)
6 oz. Frank's Hot Sauce

Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.  Pour Frank's hot sauce over the top.  Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.  Shred with 2 forks and mix into juices.  

Great to use as a salad topping, nacho topping, to make a buffalo baked potato, wrapped in a tortilla, or on a bun.  

For my nachos, pictured above, I layered, in this order: Mission Tortilla Chips, Shredded Chicken, Shredded Sharp Cheddar, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, Thinly Sliced Red Onion, Dollop each of Bleu Cheese Dressing & Guacamole.  

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the chicken and so easy!! I just love your nachos, I can see my husband eating that entire plate himself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look yummy! All my children love buffalo wings so this looks to be a great altnernative to get out the deep fryer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe! It's sound really tasty. As per i know that there is many slow cooker is available in the market but here your info is different and nice..Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ~ I'm an addict too (in home decor) lol. I just came across your blog from Pinterest. I'm going to try your Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken tonight for dinner. Can't wait ~ looks yummy! I'm now following your blog ~ would love to have you stop by and see me sometime! Thanks for all the great recipes! Judy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails