Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mustard-Roasted Potatoes

Just when I thought things were finally warming up here in good 'ole ND, I woke up to my lawn dusted with snow.  The sun has also deserted us once again.  Don't get me wrong, there are many things that I LOVE about ND.  The fact is though, it has been a long winter and I really need some sunshine right now.  I will take it with or without the warmth accompanying it.  


I made these potatoes a few weeks ago along with a salmon recipe from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook that I have been exploring.  The salmon just did not turn out very good.  These potatoes though, were SO DELICIOUS!  The best part is, they are pretty nutritious as they are flavored with just a little olive oil and whole grain mustard.  I was worried that they would be too spicy/strong for my kids but they all loved them!  So much that they wanted seconds!  If it ever warms up around here, I think these will be great as an accompaniment to some grilled meats.  


Mustard-Roasted Potatoes

2-1/2 lb. small red potatoes
2 yellow onions
3 Tbsp. good olive oil
2 Tbsp. whole-grain mustard
Kosher Salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. fresh flat leaf parsley

Preheat oven to 425*.  

Cut potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on their size, and place them on a sheet pan.  Cut onions into half-rounds and toss with potatoes on sheet pan.  Add olive oil, mustard, 2 tsp. kosher salt, and pepper and toss everything together.  Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are lightly browned.  Toss from time to time during baking so they brown evenly.  Sprinkle hot potatoes with parsley and salt to taste (if desired) and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails