Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Well, it is drawing to the close of the month.  This month, I failed to ever do a monthly menu plan.  That worked out OK though, because it gave me the opportunity to do a bit of freezer cleaning.  That is something we all need to do once and awhile.  I had to throw a few packages of some very sad looking pork chops away due to severe freezer burn.  I hate doing that, I always feel like I am flushing money down the toilet.  It goes to show, I need to take stock and use up what I have in the freezer more often.  I am going to begin to make an effort to do that a few times a year.

This week, I am going to cook from what I have without making any more trips to the grocery store (hopefully--aside from some milk, bread, sandwich meat that I know I need).  Unfortunately, I stopped at the grocery store Friday after I picked the kids up from school and it WAS NOT pretty.  We stopped to grab some taco shells and lettuce and ended up spending $80-something on junk food.  What can I say?  There was a sale?  I did think I would stock-up on some of those types of snacks since we have some traveling coming up.  I forgot though, that it NEVER lasts.  If I don't buy chips, we don't eat chips and we are perfectly fine.  If I buy 2 bags of chips, they are INHALED in no time flat.  My kids just ignore the good food and try to eat exclusively junk food.  Lesson LEARNED.

Monday: Lemon Garlic Tilapia, Brown & Serve Dinner Rolls, & Frozen Veggies

Tuesday: Roast Beef with Coffee, Homemade Buns, Frozen Veggies

Wednesday: Spicy Shrimp QuesadillasMexican Rice

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday:  Out of Town

Saturday: Out of Town

Sunday: Frozen Pizzas

One Year Ago: Fudge Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails