Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

Hi all!  This is my first post as a woman in her 30's!  I celebrated my 30th yesterday with my wonderful family.  Do you think my husband bought a big enough cake for the 5 of us?  As you can see, he forgot candles but he got creative and lit a 3-wick candle for me to blow out.  

I know I have been a terrible blogger, but if you make these, I think you will forgive me.  So simple, so delicious.  They make a great summertime appetizer.  They are also SO yummy plopped on a burger.  Mmmmm!

My picture didn't turn out the best.  My camera was in need of new batteries and I was in a rush to...umm....eat these....

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

1 lb. thin (regular) bacon, sliced into thirds
2 (16 oz) cubes cream cheese (softened)- I always use reduced fat
20 whole, fresh jalapenos (2-3 inches is best)

If you have them, you may want to wear latex gloves to prep the peppers.  There is nothing worse forgetting and rubbing your eyes.  Ouch!  

Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise.  With a spoon removed the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat, leave a few if you want 'em nice and spicy!)  


Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half.  Wrap jalapeno with bacon piece (1/3 slice).  Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.  (At this point, you can freeze them, uncooked, in a Ziploc bag for later use.)

Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.  You don't want the bacon to shrink so much it squeezes the jalapeno.  If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn't look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish them off.  These are best when the jalapeno still has a bit of bite to it.  

Serve immediately, or they are also great at room temperature.  

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I was hoping to find something simple like this for a party mid-week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails