Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

For our Sunday dinner this past weekend, I made a wonderful new soup that is supposed to be very similar to one served at the Olive Garden.  My husband and I have never had it there, but I do know that my home version was fantastic!  Aside from the heavy cream, this is a fairly healthful recipe.  I am thinking that you could also make it with half and half or milk if you want to trim the calories.  I think I might give it a try that way.  I highly recommend that you grab some crusty bread.  I was fresh out and we all wished we had some to dunk in this creamy soup.

If you are in Bismarck, please note that neither Walmart nor Dan's carries Potato Gnocchi.  I did find them finally in the freezer section of Central Market.

Doesn't this soup look delicious?  Especially on my new china!


Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
6 c. chicken stock
3 c. heavy cream
3 garlic cloves
1 lg. carrot, shredded
1 small onion, diced
1 bag baby spinach
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 lb. bag frozen Potato Gnocchi

Saute the onion, garlic, and carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.  Add chicken, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and thyme.  Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi.  Gently boil for 4 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking for 10 minutes.

Add spinach and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.

1 comment:

  1. If it's anything like OG's, it's gotta be good! It sure looks good. And simple! Just like I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails