Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins

I have been making these blueberry muffins for years.  I got the recipe out of a Cooking Light Five Star Recipes book that I picked up at the grocery store checkout, oh, maybe in 2002;)  It was originally published in the September 1992 issue of Cooking Light.  I absolutely love to use myrecipes (which includes most of Cooking Lights recipes) as a source for healthy and delicious food, but this delicious one isn't on there!  I actually looked this one up on the internet and couldn't find it anywhere!  I certainly don't know why!  It is one of my most-made muffins.  They are something I can really feel good about feeding my kids before sending them off to school in the morning.  They also love to take them for school snacks.

Sorry about the horrible picture quality.  I snapped this one at night, right after I made them, so the lighting was terrible.  Also, this time I made mini-muffins instead of the larger ones that the recipe indicates.  I often do this, they are just more manageable for the kids that way.  If you decide to go with the mini-muffins, be sure to cut the baking time down.


Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c. unsweetened orange juice
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil (I use Canola)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Cooking spray
1 Tbsp. sugar

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.  Combine egg and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients.  Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Gently fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1 Tbsp. sugar evenly over batter.  Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden.  Remove from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails