Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ground Round Chicken Tortilla Soup

The Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe I am going to post today is just about as easy as they come.  I was told that it tastes exactly like the one they serve at Ground Round.  Since I have never had it at Ground Round, I cannot vouch for that fact.  This is a great really quick week-night meal.  I got the recipe awhile back from a friend, and I haven't changed a thing except the way I do the chicken.  The original recipe called for canned chicken.  My family really doesn't care for canned.  The next time I tried it, I shredded 2 chicken breasts.  There was something about the shredded breasts that I just didn't love either.  The last time I made it, I cut the chicken into about 1/2 inch pieces and browned it in a small amount of oil on the stove-top.  I really feel like the is the way to go:-)  

Wow.  I am embarrassed.  I never thought I would obsess so much about chicken cooking methods.  I see my husband in now following my little cooking blog.  I'm sure he will be teasing me later;P




Ground Round Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 lb. chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1/2 Tbsp Canola oil
10 oz. can fiesta nacho cheese soup
10 oz. can enchilada sauce, red
10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of milk
shredded cheddar (optional)
Tortilla Chips (optional)

Heat a over med-high heat.  Add oil.  Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.  Add to saute pan and saute them until they are browned.  

Add soups, enchilada sauce, and milk to a medium saucepan.  Whisk until well-blended.  Add chicken to mixture.  Bring to just a boil over medium heat, stirring often.  Be careful!!  It will burn onto the bottom!! 

We like to serve this topped with a little shredded cheddar and tortilla chips on the side.  They are good crushed and added to the soup, or used as scoops for the soup.


1 comment:

  1. YUM! Sounds good. I doubt my kidlets would eat it with the enchalada sauce in it though.... Maybe for a future lunch bunch where other Mommy's can eat it with me?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails