Monday, January 25, 2010

'Bootylicious' Buffalo Chicken Dip

Let me just start by saying, last night was a sad, sad night.  At least, it was if you are a Vikings fan.  This household was so excited for the game.  We made sure we got homework/chores done so we could spend our evening on the couch cheering for the Vikes.  I made this wonderful Buffalo Chicken Dip to munch on during the game, which I will be sharing shortly.  Then, we discover that we, for the first time EVER.  Are.  Not.  Getting.  Fox.  ARGH!  The hubby quickly runs to Wally World to buy a new outdoor antenna.  Still.  Does.  Not.  Work.  Hubby calls our local Fox and finds out that ice took down their tower and it won't be repaired until Monday.  MONDAY?!?!  Don't these people know we have a Very Important Football Game to watch? 


We didn't mess around, we ditched my game snacks and headed to Buffalo Wild Wings with our 3 kids in tow to watch the game.  (And yes, the hubby called ahead to make sure THEY were getting the game.)  By the time we got there, the game was a few minutes into the first period and we had to sit and wait to be seated for a bit.  We didn't care though, we had a nice big screen in the waiting area:)  We enjoyed drinking our beer, eating our wings, and watching the game.  At least until the fumbles started UGH!  We did end up having to head home in the 4th quarter (a certain 4 year old got a little antsy) and we had to finish listening to the game on the radio.  Last night was a sad night, but in the light of a new day, I can say that I am happy that they had such a good season, maybe it will work out for us next year.  


Enough football talk, onto the football munchies.  The football munchies that I still have sitting in my fridge, mostly uneaten;p  I'm sure most of you have heard of this popular dip, but I do love this version the most (and I have tried a few).  It is prettier if you layer it in a baking dish and bake it, but not nearly as convenient.  I apologize for the pic, it is much better than it looks!       




Bootylicious Buffalo Chicken Dip

20 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 breasts)
pinch seasoning salt
pinch garlic powder
16 oz. cream cheese (I use Neufchatel, which is lower in fat/calories and we can't tell the difference)
1 c. ranch or bleu cheese dressing (In my opinion, bleu cheese is a must, but I like bleu cheese)
1 c. Frank's hot sauce
1 1/2 c. sharp cheddar, shredded
Celery, Crackers, or Chips for dipping- we prefer tortilla chips around here

Fill saucepan with water, add a pinch of seasoning salt, a pinch of garlic powder, and chicken breasts. Boil until chicken is done. Drain, allow to cool, and shred with forks. (You can skip this step and use 2 10 oz. cans of chicken instead if you prefer.) 


Return shredded chicken to pan, add in hot sauce. Heat over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch/blue cheese dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the cheddar cheese. *Very important step: You must now sample it to make sure it’s got enough buffalo kick; add more hot sauce as needed. You want it to taste more buffalo than chicken.) 


Transfer to a crock pot. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top (I just mixed all the cheese in so it would be evenly distributed), cover and cook on low until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, crackers, or tortilla chips.


Found this particular version on Tasty Kitchen, the Pioneer Woman's awesome recipe sharing site!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!

    Sorry about your loss. :) I didn't even watch 3/4 of the game... J had a few too many and was whooping and yelling at the TV and I was annoyed... went to my room to read instead. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ,, what would or could you use instead of franks hot sauce? as im in Australia and we dont have that sauce..?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails