Sunday, November 7, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I just adore all things containing buffalo sauce, I have already posted recipes for buffalo chicken nachos, dip, and wings.  That is why I knew, when I came across this yummy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza that is would be a hit.  At least with me;)  OK, and my husband.  While my kids love wings, they refrained from giving this pizza a try.  They are very boring with their pizza though, for them it is pretty much straight up pepperoni or cheese.

Give it a try!  Tis' the season for buffalo wings, right?  Why not buffalo chicken pizza!

Here it what you will need to get started!



Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Pizza Crust (you can use store bought or homemade, I use my homemade)
1/4 c. Franks Red Hot Sauce
1/4 c. Blue Cheese Dressing
1/4 c. Ranch Dressing
10 oz. Chicken, Shredded (I like to boil and shred mine for this recipe if I don't have leftover)
1 c. Smoked Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1/4 c. Gorgonzola, crumbled
Franks Red Hot Sauce, for drizzling

In a bowl, mix hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and ranch dressing.  Spread over dough as a sauce.  Top with 1/2 c. each of cheddar and jack cheeses.  Add chicken on top, then remaining cheeses, including Parmesan.  Drizzle liberally with hot sauce.  Add crumbled Gorgonzola on top.  Bake until just beginning to brown.

Note: As you will see if you click on my recipe for homemade pizza dough, I bake my pizza at 500-550 degrees (as hot as my oven will go).  And I pre-bake my crust until it is just beginning to brown before I put on my toppings.  If you are using a different crust, I encourage you to follow the baking instructions for your particular crust recipe.

Source: How Sweet Eats  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails