Friday, December 3, 2010

Smoky Sesame Cheese Log

Today is your lucky day.  I am sharing my families absolute FAVORITE Thanksgiving appetizer.  I stumbled upon this recipe about 8 years ago in a Taste of Home magazine and I have been making it for Thanksgiving ever since.  It is, of course, also perfect as a Christmas appetizer.  We are usually doing a lot of traveling at Christmas though, so I don't get to do much of the cooking.  Enjoy!


Smoky Sesame Cheese Log

2-8 oz. packages Cream Cheese, softened (reduced-fat is fine, that is what I usually use)
1 c. (4 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese (I have also used Sharp Cheddar in a pinch and I think we might like that even better)
1/2 c. Bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke

Topping Ingredients:
1/2 c. Bacon, crumbled & cooked
1/2 c. Sesame Seeds, toasted
1 Tbsp. Chives, minced

Assorted Fresh Vegetables or Crackers

In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended.  Add liquid smoke.  Shape mixture into a log.  Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight ( I sometimes speed up this process by just popping it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so before rolling it).  

For topping, combine the bacon, sesame seeds, and chives; roll cheese log in topping.  Serve with vegetables and/or crackers.

FYI: I usually use an entire 1 lb. package of bacon in this recipe (minus the couple slices that inevitably get stolen by my family while I am trying to cook;)


3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I am always looking for new appetizer recipes for football games or parties. This looks like winner at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this recipe!!! Looks great. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon and cheese can do no wrong so this really must be delicious. I bet this doesn't last long once you place it in front of people. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails