Sunday, September 12, 2010

Easy Calzones

In the same forgotten file that I discovered the Pizza Rolls, were these delicious Calzones.  How could have I forgotten to post two recipes that my family enjoyed so much?  Well, I can tell you how, they were taken in the days leading up to the first day of school, so we were very busy.  This recipe comes from one of my best friends.  I also posted her recipe for Spinach & Artichoke Dip recently and I am starting to think I will have to create an entire category on here with her delicious recipes.  


Easy Calzones

1 can (11oz.) refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
8 oz. ground Italian Sausage
1/2 c. pizza sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 c. Green Pepper, chopped
1/2 c. Red Pepper, chopped
1/2 c. Red Onion, diced
4 oz. can Black Olives, sliced
1 c. Pizza Cheese, shredded

Place sausage, peppers, and onion in a large skillet, saute until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.  Take the pizza dough our and spread it to fit cookie sheet.  Cut into 4 large rectangles.  Mix the pizza sauce and Italian herb mix with the meat/veggie mixture.  Divide the mixture amongst each dough rectangle, top each with 1/4 of the slice black olives and 1/4 c. of the shredded cheese.  Seal them shut and bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.   

Source: Jen


5 comments:

  1. Oh delicious!!! Look at that cheese!! Calzones are something else I love but for some reason have never made. This sounds like a great recipe and so easy with the refrigerated pizza dough. Thanks for sharing Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really really good - and the kids don't mind the onions and peppers in them? I suppose the cheese helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, the kids actually really liked them! I wasn't sure they would, they aren't big pepper fans. I guess they were masked good enough though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! My kids would really love this! Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! It looks delicious and I bet, perfect for weekday dinner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails