Monday, May 9, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter


Look at me posting a healthy vegetable!  Are you proud?  This is the asparagus that I served alongside the Skillet Chicken Breast Aglio e Olio last week.  They were absolutely delicious together.  This asparagus is such a simple side dish.  I know I will be making it again.  I am sure that some of you (that don't live in ND) even have asparagus in your gardens right now to use!  Speaking of gardens, I have been busting my rear on mine! I will try to get some pics up here tomorrow to share!

Oh, and before you get too misty-eyed over my good girl side, please know that I am baking up a Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread as I type this;)  








Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter

40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
Cooking spray
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 400°.

Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

 Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.

Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. 

Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.

Source:  Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails