Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Simply Delicious Beef Jerky

My boys love beef jerky.  OK, I love it too.  As a matter of fact, when my husband first met me I was a vegetarian....except for beef jerky;)  I buy bulk packages of it at Sams Club and it disappears.  It is expensive and I cannot afford that kind of beef jerky inhalation so I have been trying to come up with my own delicious recipes for a while now.  This one requires only simple ingredients that I usually have on hand and it is a winner.  The only other one that we have tried and liked as much was this Perfectly Spicy & Sweet Beef Jerky that I posted about a while ago {please excuse the terrible photo}.  I don't typically keep pineapple juice on hand so I don't always have the ingredients to make that one.  

Give this a try, you won't regret it!  If you don't have a dehydrator, you can dehydrate in your oven.  I have never done it but I am sure you can find some tutorials online!  


Simply Delicious Beef Jerky

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g.
Tabasco™), or to taste 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar

Stir together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and sugar; stir until mixed.

To use, toss one pound of thinly sliced meat with the marinade until well coated. Place into a resealable plastic bag, and squeeze out the air. Marinate in the refrigerator for 48 hours, mixing twice. Remove meat from marinade, and discard excess marinade. 

Prepare jerky according to the manufacturer's directions of your dehydrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails