Monday, September 20, 2010

Simple Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl

So sorry I haven't been around much lately!  I have been trying to step up my exercising along with healthier eating and I seem to have let it cut into my blogging time.  Well, no more!  I will try to be better!  I think one of the most important ways to eat healthy is to cook your food yourself!  I have always been proud of the fact that I try hard to stay away from boxed and overly processed foods.

Now, when I say this is a healthy recipe, that doesn't mean it is fat-free and uses all non-fat fake ingredients (can you sense my bias??).  For me, healthy cooking means using GOOD stuff, in moderation.  I am not going to fill myself and my family full of chemicals instead of butter.  When I use bacon, I will use REAL pork bacon.  None of that turkey bacon (does anyone actually think that is a suitable replacement?).  In other words, I would rather eat a smaller portion of tasty food than fat-free cardboard or mystery food.

Without further ado, here is what you will need to get started:    



Simple Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
Serves 8

16 oz. Spaghetti Noodles
16 oz. Stir-Fry Vegetables, frozen
1 lb. Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Pure Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp. Hot Chili Oil
4 Tbsp. Canola Oil, divided
2 Tbsp. Hot Pasta Water
4 Green Onions, thinly sliced

Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.  During the last 3 minutes of cooking time, add the frozen vegetables.  Drain.

Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. Canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Quickly saute the chicken until browned and cooked through.  

Combine the remaining ingredients, minus the green onions, to make the sauce (soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, canola oil, & hot pasta water).

Combine the chicken with the noodles/veggie mixture in a large serving bowl.  Pour sauce over it and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with green onions and toss again.  

Serve in a bowl with chopsticks!

Nutritional Info Per Serving:

Fat: 10.3g
Carbohydrates: 50.4g
Calories:387.5
Protein: 21.1g


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails